- Princhester Studios
- Samoa Climate Change Projects
- Fitzgibbon Case Study for the Centre for Subtropical Design & the ULDA
- Tiaro Turtle Sculpture Pavilion
- Re-directive Project: Boonah 2
- Redirective Project: Gold Coast 2
- Re-directive Design: Brisbane Food Land Farming and Housing Project
- River Central & Hill Central
- Tambo Town Tourism Strategy and Main Street Rejuvenation
Fitzgibbon Case Study for the Centre for Subtropical Design & the ULDA 2009
A commission by the Centre for Subtropical design on hehalf of the ULDA.
The brief was to explore the urban design of a site near the railway statio and the future northern bus link. The rail line and the busway corridor cut the site off from the rest of Fitzgibbon to the NW. The site was a remnant with high conservation (endangered Glider Possum) and water management values.
The exploration of the urban design was integrated with the design of a series of "innovative" housing models -ones that actually respond to demographics and current ways of living as well as affortdability/sustainability.
Instead of assembling a team of engineers and quantity surveyors to assist and advise the architect, our team included a highly experienced planner/urban designer/architect (Geoffrey Walker), a developer (Carl Yap) and strategic sustainabiltiy/design thinkers (Anne-Marie Willis, team DES and Petra Perollini, Qld College of Art).
The images shown are the presentation sheets produced.